Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Best Hotel to experience Vienna's old world charm?

Can anyone please recommend a Hotel in Vienna



where we could experience the charm of yesterday



old world vienna style.



Prefer in a central position.



Many thanks



katrina




|||



Maybe Pension Pertschy? I do like it there, it%26#39;s just weird enough to be fun! I like the fact it%26#39;s in an old palace, built round an open courtyard. Pension Nossek is also nice, lovely people and a little cheaper but no tv (if that is going to be an issue for you!) One of my friends always stays at Kaiserin Elisabeth and swears by it for old-fashioned charm (but it%26#39;s a bit dear for me!) But the little hotels and Pensions have more character than the big chain hotels - and usually are better value for money and in better locations too.





Hope that helps!



xr




|||



Sorry, forgot to add that this will be a business trip



so could splash out on something more expensive



but central for a one off visit to experience Vienna.



Thanks



katrina




|||



The Konig von Ungarn is a charming but small 4 star hotel, dating back to the 1700%26#39;s. It boasts a lovely atrium, a decent Mozart connection, is literally a stone%26#39;s throw from the Cathedral (it was originally used as a lodging house for it%26#39;s visitors), couldn%26#39;t be better situated and has a splendid restaurant to boot. It%26#39;s intimate and welcoming - but don%26#39;t just take my word for it, check out the reviews on this site!




|||



Hi ProfessorPepper,





Do you have any recommandation to book Konig Von Ungarn online with a good rate? I wouldn%26#39;t mind to pay a bit more with a reputation agent.





Thanks




|||



I%26#39;ve always booked direct with the K��nig whenever I%26#39;ve stayed there. They%26#39;re very friendly and can be contacted easily via email - hotel@kvu.at - I%26#39;ve had no problems getting quotes from them and confirming bookings in that way. There is sometimes a small delay in them getting back to you, as they are a traditional establishment rather than one continually computer manned through the night!





Unfortunately they don%26#39;t appear to be listed with any other agents or travel brochures that I%26#39;ve discovered...they%26#39;re obviously confident of getting enough business through independent travellers. If you get a quote direct from them in Euros do bear in mind that when you come to pay on the day of departure that this rate might have fluctuated very slightly...hopefully a few pence in your favour!





If you do decide to stay there I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a splendid time - sneak me inside your suitcase and I%26#39;ll give you a guided tour!




|||




Sachers



Gerlis




|||



I had a quick and personal reply from Konig when I sent an email. It was not a good choice for us because they do not offer non-smoking rooms or areas within the common areas. However; I was very impressed by their integrity in sharing that information.




|||



They%26#39;re certainly decent chaps to deal with! As far as smoking is concerned, none of our family are smokers and we loathe cigarette smoke but during both our stays at Konig we didn%26#39;t encounter any problems in the hotel - either in our own rooms or the public areas. That being said, unless smoke is being blown in my face or it%26#39;s hanging heavy in the air it%26#39;s not going to bother me unduly. As long as my room is fresh and airy, the odd smoker is considerate and the hotel isn%26#39;t overwhelmed by them - and some of Vienna%26#39;s cafes are - I%26#39;m happy to be tolerant of the odd puff in the corner of the atrium!




|||



Hi Katrina,





try Hotel Altstadt - a charming place in the 6th district. Got excellent reviews in tripadvisor and also my Australian business partner was amazed by the Altstadt. And you%26#39;re not far from the city either.



Or what about the Palais Schwarzenberg (Hotel Schwarzenberg )? that%26#39;s the good old Monarchy itself ! Not a cheap one but hey, you%26#39;re on business trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment