Sunday, April 15, 2012

Girly shopping vocabulary

I%26#39;m hoping to buy some jewellery at Frey-Wille to match the ring I got there in February.





How would I say:



%26quot;What else do you have in this range, please?%26quot;





Thanks!




|||



Do not worry- they speak english!




|||



Das weiss ich, and excellently too, but I%26#39;m a courteous linguist and want to expand my vocabulary! :)




|||



Probably the easiset way-





Was andere sachen sie in diesem preis haben ?





Many nice things in their shops!




|||



You%26#39;re right! Their shops are very tempting!! (but this is a birthday treat). When I said %26#39;range%26#39;, I don%26#39;t mean price range but style/collection. Would Stil do?




|||



Yes- just insert %26quot; stil %26quot;( style )for preis







Bring much money too- nice but expensive !




|||



Just ask





%26quot;haben Sie noch weitere Sachen in diesem Stil?%26quot;





or if it is the price range you are after





%26quot;in diesem Preisbereich%26quot;




|||



Another jewelry question. I am embarrassed to ask this as it reveals my immense ignorance of jewelry. My mother had a necklace/earring set of Austian crystal that I think was called %26quot;Aurora Borealis%26quot;. As a child I thought it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It has since broken and I was thinking that while we were there I might acquire her a new set. (octogenarians deserve to feel pretty right?) Does such a thing really exist? Where would I buy it? How much would I have to pay? Thanks for any help.




|||



according to their homepage (www.swarovski.com) Swarovski invented these stones in 1956





so you drop by in Swarovski store in Vienna





e.g





Kaerntnerstrasse 8, 1010 Wien



Mariahilferstraße 77-79, 1060 Wien





and many others

No comments:

Post a Comment