Thursday, April 19, 2012

Need Help thinking of booking up to salzburg

I have never been to salzburg before and need quite a bit off advise, few things I%26#39;d like to know, I%26#39;m after a 3 night romantic break for my annniversary, where are the best places to stay, I want somewhere off the touristy track but within walking distance to main attractions, thinking of going the end of november, will it be very cold or snowing this time of year and what is the transport system like, will be arriving at salzburg airport, is it normally pretty easy to get about or do you need taxis, also if anyone knows of any nice hotels/B%26amp;B%26#39;s further out, maybe nearer lakes or mountains please let me know of any information. Hope anyone can help!!!




|||



We did an overnight stay at the NH Salzburg, within walking distance to the Old Town. I would stay there again.




|||



I%26#39;m off there for Christmas too. www.salzburg.info has been a good source of information.




|||



I%26#39;ve been several times, the best place I stayed in was Schloss Moenchstein Hotel (Castle). It%26#39;s 10 mins by taxi from airport and on a hill overlooking Salzburg. To get into the town you take a short walk to an elevator that takes you down into the town. It was the most romantic place I have ever stayed in and the most fun, New Year%26#39;s eve is incredible.




|||



If you want to be within easy walking distance of all the main tourist sites you%26#39;d be better staying in the Old Town rather than across the river. The main hotel district is not that nice (close to the railway station) and is a good twenty minutes walk or more, to the Old Town attractions.





It could be very cold but as long as you take plenty of layers you%26#39;ll be fine. The Christkindlmarkts will be in full swing so you%26#39;ll have a magical time.

No comments:

Post a Comment