Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Innsbruck skiing

I will be in Innsbruck for the first week of march. I%26#39;m interested in any information on the local ski areas. I have some morning meetings, but would like to get in a few afternoon runs without having to spend a lot of time traveling out of town. Axzamer Linzum has been recommended. Any information at all would help. Thanks






|||



Try -- www.Innsbruck.info --.




|||



Bill2005,



Thank you. excellent resource.



Weasel




|||



Just got back from Innsbruck and there is plenty of snow, snowned three of the seven days we were there. Skiing was incredible needless to say. To answer your question, there are several ski area within 20-30 minute drive of innsbruck.



1. Nordpark- for beginners %26amp;amp; experts, nothing inbetween. Friend skiied it, thought he was an expert, found it very challenging. Everything in Austria is a step up from what we are use to, their beginners are like our intermediates I found.



2.Patscherkofel-skiied this, great conditions, good place to ski if the weather is not so great. Don%26#39;t want to ski the Glacier if it is snowing, at Patscherkofel, you can ski below the tree line and be protected from the elements.



3.Schlick2000-same as Patscherkofel



4.Axamer Lizum- highly recommend if you can get there. Had great conditions and very challenging. My favorite of the closest ski areas.



If you get a chance to ski a full day, I highly recommend St Antons, 1 hour drive, and just massive. One could spend a week there and not ski all the trails.



The Stubaier Glacier is also a must ski on a clear day, also 1 hour drive.



Any other questions feel free to e mail beachbum2k10@hotmail.com




|||



Great help beachbum! I will have to live with afternoon runs in the local area for the first three days of the trip, but I plan to get away later in the week to St. Anton/Lech/Zurs. Did you get a chance to go east to Kitzbuhl? I%26#39;ve had great experiences in St. Anton, but my friend is interested in Kitzbuhl after watching the world cup.



Weasel




|||



The day we planned to go to Kitzbul, it was closed due to avalanche conditions. It snowed that much. If there is a downside to too much snow that was it, otherwise other areas were open and the skiing was great. Kitzbul ans St Anton are suppose to be in the top 5 european ski areas. If you get the chance to ski them, jump on it. Have fun, I%26#39;m jealous, I%26#39;m heading up to Stratton Mt in Vermont. Somehow it will not be the same.




|||



Weasel, my wife and I are heading to Innsbruck Sat., Mar 19. What did you find about the skiing there that could help us?




|||



Local ski conditions were excellent late in the week, with wind and poor visibility on monday. Very good skiing at axamer and paschterkoffel. Not a lot of runs, but what they had was good, and I was paying about 18 Euros for the afternoon pass. Hard to beat that. Spent the rest of the time at St. Anton. On friday, we tried Lech, but couldn%26#39;t park anywhere near the place, so we went back to St. Anton. Should have just parked there in the first place and taken the free shuttle to Lech/Zurs. One of the guys at our hotel was at nordpark, and really liked it once the winds settled dowm. Compare this to $75 a day at Teluride and Vail--No contest, Innsbruck wins. Found a great Thai restaraunt in Innsbruck--Panitan--ate there three times.




|||



Hi,





Innsbruck is great for skiing, I was there 2 years ago and I%26#39;ll visit again this year by New Year%26#39;s Eve. I had great times in Shlik area too. I skiied in Axamer Linzum, great skiing too, but the snow was a bit icy/ frozen in some parts. You can also try the Glacier, I didn%26#39;t ski there but I heard is great. All the ski areas are at the same distance from Innsbruck. You can check : www.ski-innsbruck.com. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment