Saturday, April 21, 2012

Prague to Vienna

I%26#39;m planning a trip this Nov. to Prague and wanted to take a overnight trip to Vienna. I%26#39;m hoping I get some free time to be in Vienna on Sat and leave back to Prague on Sunday.





Would renting a car or taking the train be better (road conditions in Nov bad/good?)





What would be the best places to hit for a full day (district).





I wanted to see the mass with the Vienna Chior on Sunday (good/bad)





thanks in advance for any sugguestions!




|||



since I don´t drive I cannot advice you on that.





BUS



www.eurolines.at





there are 2 busses at day



PRAGUE 07.00 - VIENNA 11:45



VIENNA 17.00 - PRAGUE 21:45





Price EURO 31,70





TRAIN





PRAHA - WIEN SÜDBAHNHOF



it will last 4h30min



Price with a city star ticket EURO 64,80




|||



I would not recommend the car. not considering road conditions - they%26#39;ve been working on that freeway for decades, still not done.



but the biggest problem would probably be parking in Vienna. awful!!



as you%26#39;ll just have one day you%26#39;ll spend that in the first district (most of the sights). lots of one-way streets, pedestrian areas and during certain times some roads are only passable for Taxis.



rates for public garages - way too high (EUR 4,00/hour).




|||



Hi Irworld,





I drive regularly in both places, Prague and Vienna, and frankly I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it . . . From Prague to Vienna it takes ca. 5 hours and you%26#39;re definitely better on by the train or bus. They both drop you off on pretty central places so there is no waste of time to get into the city, as tubes/trams are pretty good in Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment