Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vienna Prater

Hello again



Still planning my school trip to Vienna.I have read mixed reviews on the Vienna Prater on Tripadvisor.Surprised to hear in one that it is dirty and maybe not safe.Any comments?



Mick




|||



I quickly looked to the info on the Prater and found little bad news exeption to a poster and her warning of %26quot; Ladies of the Night%26quot; that was later refuted by another on the same thread. But, I did not read everything.





The area beyond the Prater has had a long reputation for this business. It is confined mostly to nights and in an area that your group would not reach unless really trying to do so!





I regularly visit the Schweizerhaus,in the Prater, an old Vienna institution for food and beer during its season March-November. I must walk through most of the Prater to reach it. I have not seen dirt or unsafe conditions.ButI do see many groups of teenage school kids having fun.



This is not a Disneyland but an old- fashioned amusement park, with rides,games etc. loud music, eating places from Doner kebab to McDonalds. Some eat too much junk, then ride too many of the wild rides and have some digestive troubles.



Some may be intimidated by the atmosphere.





Yes, I am certain it can change late on a hot summer night when too much beer is consumed.



Yes, you could find unsavory characters there too if you look. But , this is found everywhere in todays world.





In general, thousands go to the Prater and enjoy what it has to offer safely.




|||



Hi Vertical.


Thanks most reassuring


Mick




|||



We also are thinking of visiting Prater on our trip to Vienna in January but wonder if there would be much open in the Winter months. We have two boys 13 and 15 years. Would a visit be worthwile in January?




|||



Most things in the Prater are closed in winter. Not worth to visit unless you want to ride the Giant Ferris wheel.




|||



thanks, that is one thing we can cross off our list




|||



best times is really spring and summer time



Please also look outside of the amusement park and ejoy the nature. Rent a bike or inline skates and explore the big park.




|||



i concur with Hu.I am a female myself and my husband and I used to go faily regularly in the evenings.I cycled alone this late summer on the main roads in Prater and had no problems.There ARE %26quot;ladies %26quot; around but you probably won%26#39;t find them..Vienna ISN%26#39;T (ALWAYS)THE FRIENDLIEST of CITIES BUT I FEEL SAFE HERE.




|||



Agree with Vertical also.But you need an ID to rent their bikes.MY faulty ATM was only accepted coz I wanted it for only an hour.




|||



Sorry,meant you needed some proof of who you are,driving licende ok, I think.




|||



If I were you, I wouldn%26#39;t visit the Prater, especially not during winter time, due to personal bad experiences.



The local expert for Vienna wrote that this is rather a safe place what I personally doubt. I have a female friend living in the surroundings and she often had to face annoying and unsafe situations. The youth having fun there consists mainly of teenagers from poor immigrant families and tend to treat others in not such a refined way.



I addition, there isn%26#39;t really something interesting to do in the Prater.



Vienna is a wunderful city and a great place to stay. Enjoy our rich cultural heritage and don%26#39;t go to Prater as you only will be disappointed.



Have a nice trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment