Thursday, March 29, 2012

Family Friendly pensione in salzburg

We are in Salzburg for 4 days in February with our well-traveled, well behaved, 7 year old. We don%26#39;t want to do a hotel chain - prefer a medium size, moderate priced hotel or guest house. I believe the old town is where it is all happening, so that may be the best area. Thanks.




|||



Hi. You could try one of my favorites, Haus Wartenberg. www.hauswartenberg.com It%26#39;s in the old town but a short walk (10 minutes) or a quick bus ride from the main sights. This also makes it cheaper that the places right in the busy center. The owner, Johannes, and his wife have a young child, and there were a few families staying with kids when I was there last. I think that would classify it as family friendly. It%26#39;s just a charming, family-run place that I adore.





If you want to stay in the city center, I%26#39;d recommend Hotel Weisse Taube. It%26#39;s mid-sized and affordable, but still very nice. My husband and I had a pleasant stay there in June.





I personnaly prefer staying a little away from the city center. It%26#39;s more quiet and you get more of a neighborhood feel - a little more authenic feeling than right in the touristy center of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment