Thursday, March 29, 2012

A whirlwind trip between Munich/Innsbruck/Salburg/Vienna...

Hello everyone!





I%26#39;m trying to plan some of my trip for late May next year and was wanting to get some comments or suggestions about my plans.





I arrive in Munich very late (23:00) on a Sunday night and fly out of Vienna mid afternoon the following Sunday.





At this stage I was thinking...





Mon: Munich



Tues: Dachau, 17:31 train to Innsbruck



Wed: Innsbruck, 17:30 train to Salzburg



Thurs: Salzburg



Fri: Salzburg, 16:05 train to Vienna



Sat: Vienna



Sun: Vienna





I know it%26#39;s not enough time to do these beautiful places justice, but I thought I%26#39;d love to squeeze Innsbruck into my trip if I could -- even if it is for a day.





Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!





Thank you!





Cheers, Kiz








|||



We have visited all of the places that you mentioned and I would say that your proposed itinerary is very do able and will give you a taste of the sights. Remember to check opening days and times as Church hours are limited on Sunday and many museums are closed on Monday but free on Sunday.



In Münich definitely have dinner at the Ratskeller in the basement of the Neues Rathaus. http://www.ratskeller.com/



Dachau is free. kz-gedenkstaette-dachau.de/englisch/content/…



In Innsbruck get the Innsbruck Card and take advantage of the free rides up to the mountaintops. I would recommend taking Tram #1 to the north side of town turn-around, cross the street to the Hungerburg Funicular Railway and then go up Nordkette Cableway to Seegrube for lunch overlooking town. www.innsbruck-tourism.at/index.html…



No need for the Salzburg card. Just wonder around old town and enjoy the building, churches and cemetery.




|||



Kiz,



your itinerary is manageable and will give you a good glimpse and impression of the mentioned cities. Prepare well which places and sights you want to see in your precious time. Innsbruck and Salzburg in a day seem o.k., but less than 2 days in Vienna means very difficult choices to make....you´ll have to come back later :-)




|||



Thanks for the advice!





Would I be better to leave Salzburg first thing on Friday morning so I had 2.5 days in Vienna and just the one day in Salzburg???





Decisions, decisions!!!





My european trip started out as four weeks... and is now seven!!! And I%26#39;m still only doing a tenth of what I would like!!




|||



Works either way; but yes, probably; Salzburg is very picturesque, but the old city centre can be walked easily, and Vienna is more than 10 times the size of Salzburg.





Well, Europe is about the size of Australia, but I guess there a little more countries, history, and sights... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment