Thursday, March 29, 2012

Travel to and from Innsbruck

My son needs to go to Innsbruck for an interview in March. He also wants to visit a couple of universities in Barcelona and Paris. He has no problem sitting on a bus for a long bus ride if that is the cheapest way to go from place to place. Is it worth getting the Eurailpass for train travel instead? He won%26#39;t be touring but connecting to these three cities. Any advice gratefully received.






|||



Basically, an inexpensive train pass (Eurailpass?) sounds like a very good idea. Train seems to be the best choice for this purpose - excellent and reliable connections (check the websites of the railroad companies). Buses operating on scheduled services are not as common for international travel in Europe as in America (at least the U.S.) or perhaps South America (buses mostly for tourists on package tours only, or local traffic). Cheap airline tickets might be an option, esp. in winter (low season - discounts), but I doubt if it will be as cheap as train.



buena suerte




|||



Thanks Amicus. I know my way around the British Isles but I haven%26#39;t been to Austria and it is many moons since I travelled in the rest of Europe. I%26#39;ll look into the Eurailpass.




|||



Welcome. Austria - moons ?





Well, BTW I wrote this while enjoying a good glass of wine (reds also from Chile, your red wines have become pretty popular in Austria in recent years). If I ever make it %26quot;down under%26quot; to Chile and have some question about wineries (which I like to tour), I´ll make sure to contact you :-))




|||



Hope this doesn%26#39;t post twice. I lost it.



Many moons means many phases of the moon...a long time.





If you are interested in Chilean wines, have a look here at these:



lizcaskey.blogspirit.com/interesting_wines/




|||



Moons, yes of course - sorry I read and posted too fast last time





Thanks, very interesting website, quite a few wineries sound quite familiar to me

No comments:

Post a Comment