Saturday, April 21, 2012

Is there a one day train trip available from Innsbruk to...

Hi, I will be in Innsbruk for 8 days at Christmas and I would very much like to do a day trip to Venice. Is there a train that does this type of trip or is the bus the only way, and is there even such a thing as a one day trip to Vencie from Innsbruk. Please let me know how and where I can call or visit on the internet to make reservations or inquiries. Thank you so much for your help




|||



BUS





www.eurolines.at





they have only Innsbruck - Bozen/Verona/Milano







TRAIN:





www.oebb.at





a train lasts at least 5-6 hours so there is no possibility for a 1 day trip




|||



Could you give me some ideas for a good day trip to make via train? I would really like to do this during our Christmas vacation in Innsbruck. Also I have been to Erding Germany many times to the %26quot; Therm%26quot; . It is like a giant indoor pool wellness center, you can swim from the inside to the outside and also enjoy the very hot mineral baths outside as well as massage, light therapy and peaceful enviroment. Is there anything like this near Innsbruck? I just do not want to do all the tourist stuff, I want to relax at a place like this Therm and see the Austrian countryside by rail. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. If you can think of anything else I would live to hear about it.




|||



mmh I was only once in Innbruck since I am from Vienna , which is on the other side of Austra.





have you check the HP of the touristboard in Innbruck





www.innsbruck.info/index.php?language=en





also links to the smaller cities around Innsbruck are included.



If you ever come more to the Eastern part of Austria(Vienna, Lower Austria, Styria) I can help you better.




|||



In 1981 I left Hall in Tirol - 10 km from Innsbruck at 2 pm friday (austians worked in friday till 12 noon) and got autostop to Venice. I was 9 pm. at Scalzi hearing Chopin concert. I spent a night under railway station slkeeping in bag. Then all Saturday visited Venice, I was back at 10 in Sunday back in Hall. 25 years later have to be possible visit Venice train during oner day.




|||



You%26#39;ll have to spend the nt in Venice. We took the train (Eurail) from Innsbruck to Venice. It took about 5 hrs by train to get to Venice. Look up the Eurail website. Sorry I don%26#39;t have it in front of me. It%26#39;s worth it to see Venice once in your life. It%26#39;s surreal. However, maybe you can make it part of an Italy trip at another point....?




|||



Regarding suggestions for a day trip from Innsbruck-





A nice nearby place to visit is Seefeld and nearby areas. You easily reach there by train in less than 30 minutes ( about 20 Km.) Very nice ride through numerous tunnels with good views of the valley.





Seefeld has many walking paths, skiing, good restaurants and a Swimming pool complex with sauna. Another pool/ sauna complex is in nearby Leutasch





look to website-



www.seefeld.at ( available in English)





This same train line goes into Germany - Mittenwald - Garmisch - also nice to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment