Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Danube Cruise

I%26#39;m going to be in Vienna for work on September 30, 2006. I%26#39;d love to arrange a river cruise after the business meeting for my husband and myself. Anyone have any experience/recommendations? I%26#39;ve been looking at Victory%26#39;s 13 cruise from Vienna to Amsterdam but it%26#39;s really longer than I wanted.




|||



Numerous river cruise lines have cruises from Vienna - both up( toward Germany) and down stream ( toward the Black sea).



I often walk my dog along the Danube and see the boats tied up to the Vienna docks.





The viking , Amadeus and Peter Dielman boats,all look good from the dockside , but I have never been on one.







Probably most frequently seen are Viking River cruises and Amadeus.



Boats advertising Grand Circle Tours too.





try





www.vikingrivercruises.com





www.amadeuswaterways.com





There is another boat, often advertised in the Vienna newspapers that offers 2-3 day cruises too but I can not remember the name.



I will try to find it.



Have you talked with a travel agent that specializes in cruises?




|||



Dear Vertical, Thank you for your help! No I haven%26#39;t talked with a travel agent as I have to work around the October 1 date with work, and I%26#39;ve been scanning the Internet. I%26#39;ve checked Viking and they only have a 13 day cruise at the right time and that seems like a long time. Thanks for your help, Charleen




|||



I was thinking about your plans-



another cruise company



www.wtcruises.nl







also the Danube Ship company has had short cruises up the Danube to Passau and downstream to Bratislava and Budapest. I assume they would do the same in 2006





check their website



www.ddsg-blue-danube.at





these had run several times per week.





A really nixe trip up to Passau.





Good luck!




|||



Thanks so much for all your help. One more question--how long would the train ride be to Budapest from Vienna? Charleen




|||



from vienna to budapest it takes about 3 hours. different trains - different times. check out the austrian railways website. the whole page got a make over. the english translation is also better now: www.oebb.at




|||



Thank you so much for all your help. I%26#39;m looking forward to our trip!! Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment