Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is Vienna a hot spot in urope? Then why fewer posts in...

I never expected that low number of pages for Vienna on tripAdvisor. I thought Vienna was the biggest Gem in that area of Europe, but apparently I was wrong.




|||



Most try to keep it a secret!




|||



Yes, and when I tell people I%26#39;m going to Vienna they ask me if I%26#39;m going to go for a ride in a gondola. I guess they both start with %26quot;V%26quot; ...





r, who thinks there are quite enough tourists as it is in Vienna (when she%26#39;s there)




|||



Roley:





It is almost time for Sheep Cheese Soup at the Cafe Weimar.





That and more good music after the Volksoper!





Not so bad for a former Roman fort on the Danube.




|||



I guess in part this is because there are few if any transatlantic flights into Vienna.




|||



I am amazed there is no translantic flights into Vienna. My husband , daughter and myself are coming for the second time in 4 years (2006) and we can get a flight from Melbourne Australia into Vienna, with only a short fuel re fill in asia.I am hoping for more info from the forum, when we have travelled to destinations in Malaysia over the last 2 years I have found the forums invaluable.




|||



Big Dave does not have correct information.





Austrian Air has non-stop transatlantic flights from New York, Washington, Montreal and Toronto to Vienna. Service is by Airbus 330 aircraft.





Lufthansa, Swiss , British Air, Air France among others have one stop service from their numerous US Gateways to Vienna and also other cities in Austria such as Salzburg, Graz, Innsbruck and Linz.



The Lufthansa service is especially easy through Munich where Lufthansa has their own new terminal making a transfer quick with not much walking or confusion.





Lufthansa has non- stop service from several US cities to Munich- making an easy transfer to Salzburg and Western Austria via plane, train, rental car bus or private transfer service.





For Australian or other Far East visitors- Austrian Air and its sister airline Lauda have several non stop flights from that part of world. Many other Asian Airlines also have non- stop service.




|||



Yep, and for any Kiwis on the board I would suggest they look at Malaysian - it%26#39;s possible to fly Auckland - Kuala Lumpur - Vienna with only the single stop - better than routing through Australia. Singapore Air does a similar single-stop flight AKL-VIE through Singapore. It%26#39;s easier and quicker to get to Vienna than London from that part of the world - ho ho!





Rol




|||



@ sumguy , how about quality is better then quantity...(-_^) what do you expect to see/find in VIenna and we can tell you if you find it.





@Roley I worked for some months in the US..telling people that I was from Vienna/Austria resulted in strange geographical answers...closed was ..aren´t you a part of russia @_@..and no I am not singing any st**** Sound of Music songs..to entertain Americans..




|||



Sorry I wasn%26#39;t clear enough about my point. Vienna does indeed have 1 flight a day to New York. Other cities have more, this might be part of why there are fewer pages on Trip Advisor. If the number of flights is not the answer there must be another reason, and none has so far been suggested.





Personally I%26#39;d rather go to Vienna than several of the European capitals on my next trip.




|||



Perhaps tourists to Vienna are just a little more knowledgeable- especially those music lovers. You will note that many visitors are return guests and come from all parts of the world. This forum has the majority of posters from the UK and USA.





But, I did not know that one counts popularity by numbers of posts on Trip Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment