Thursday, April 19, 2012

Volksoper tickets 2006

Just a heads up to anyone who might be interested in attending anything at the Volksoper next year, that tickets performances from Jan-June 2006 have now gone on sale at their website, www. volksoper.at I thought I was being previous, ordering tickets for June but those things are flying out the window! Fun! I also discovered yesterday that you can already order tickets for the Burgtheater/Staatsoper coproduction of Die Entfurhrung aus dem Serail in May 2006, from the Burgtheater site, www.burgtheater.at So that%26#39;s my entertainment stitched up for the next 6 months! Now if only the annoying Salzburger Festspiele and Osterklang would release their schedules---!





Rol, enjoying the online ordering!






|||



Hi Roley,





Thanks for the info about the Volksoper schedule for next year. We will be in Vienna for 2 nights in January, and were hoping to go to a performance there. But when we wanted to buy our tickets online, it seemed to us that we could only choose a section of seating, not a specific seat. We wanted to have a treat and be in section A, but if we end up with a seat in the last row of section A, where it borders B, it is useless to invest over 20.00 Euros more for each of those seats. Might as well buy the tickets in section B instead then. Besides, I am such a short person that almost everyone is taller than me. Can you tell us if there is a way for us to select specific seats to be reserved?





I also read your previous post about your seat preferance there. What makes the stall seating better than the other?





Any info would be helpful since I know nothing about these places.




|||



You can pick your exact seat for the Volksoper performance.





www.volksoper.at is the website to use





you click on the seat you want on one of the many seating categories.



For smaller people, the first row of the Balkon can be perfect- no one to look over - or perhaps an aisle seat helps also elsewhere.



But, I defer to Roley, a Volksoper expert. Still do not know what a %26quot; stall %26quot; is. as she describes- A Parkett seat?



Here , we usually keep horses in such things called stalls.




|||



Hi Roley, I wish Staatsoper would release tickets so far in advance! Got into culturall for my ticket for Edita/Ariadne but all that was left was 1 95 euro ticket in a box that didn%26#39;t seem to have a clear view, very sideways to the stage, a few 127%26#39;s in the stalls (Parkett) but I couldn%26#39;t see too well from there last time or a bunch of 157%26#39;s in the Mittelloge. I%26#39;m going all the way to V. to see Edita (well, that%26#39;s my excuse) so I went for the expensive one. As I too suffer from shortness (5%26#39;2%26quot;/1.55m) I just hope for no-one tall in front.



Tomorrow the scramble for Traviata. At least tomorrow I%26#39;ll remember that Vienna is an hour on from me not back. I waited like a dummy until 10:00 GMT today, thinking that would be 09:00 V. time. Duh, no wonder there wasn%26#39;t much left!





Hint about sitting on the front row of the balcony - sat there last time too and if I sat back properly in my seat, the edge of the balcony impeded my vision. I know that was Staatsoper, not Volksoper but just to be aware of it.




|||



I hope that%26#39;s not the case with the Volksoper because that is exactly the seat location we have purchased online. I am looking forward to it because it is something different from anything I have ever done before. I don%26#39;t normally listen to Strauss music (rock is more my style), but I think that in a live performance it will be a special experience full of memories.





Vertical, thanks for your advice. By going directly to the Volksoper website we were able to purchase specific seats, as opposed to the website we had tried to use before. Thanks again for your advice. It just proves the benefits of going to a website like this for help.




|||



HerrPetie:



You are most welcome!





I hope that you enjoy Strauss !





I have seen people , at the Volksoper, get a seat cushion to raise their viewing level from somewhere ( Garderobe- coat check room I think)



Whie this is usually helpful for children- who not petite adults.





If this is needed to help sight line - check there or with Usher.





However, I do not think that this is a problem.




|||



Uh, yes Vertical, as Ailidh says, stalls=parkett, not the ones with the horses! But it%26#39;s doubly confusing because I think in USA stalls would be the balcony, not the %26quot;ground floor%26quot;. Are we all sufficiently puzzled? Best to stick to the nice clear German terms!





As for choosing seats in the Volksoper - I like the front row of the Balkon too, or even the Galerie: I sat there once and don%26#39;t recall there being a barrier impeding my view but being about 6%26#39; tall (with bushy hair like Marge Simpson), I%26#39;m too busy impeding everyone else%26#39;s ...





Essentially I%26#39;ve not had problems with seeing things at the VO whereas in the Staatsoper, sitting further back in the Balkon the view can be quite impeded even in the not-very-cheap seats. I guess the good thing about the VO is that it is so much cheaper, you can afford better seats!





Glad you managed to grab a seat for Gruberova, Ailidh! I swither like mad about the SO too. I%26#39;m thinking in future I might try more for the boxes than the further-back rows of the Balkon/Galerie, if I can%26#39;t get front row in them. The boxes are comfier too - you can shift the chairs about. The 2nd row of the boxes, if you%26#39;re sufficiently close to the middle of the house (not right up by the stage) has a good view and the chairs are on stilts, as it were, like barstools only comfy, so you can see well over the people in front. Not so the third row box seats, though. Particularly if you have Marge Simpson seated in front of you.





I%26#39;ve put in for the %26quot;raffle%26quot; (aka %26quot;pre-booking%26quot;) for Figaro at the SO on 16 Dec so I shall be gnashing my teeth on 16 November I make no doubt! Much better to pick your own seats. It%26#39;s so much better at the VO being able to book six months at a time. Those silly mutts at Culturall better give me a good seat for Figaro, that%26#39;s all I can say. Grr. I seem to spend an awful lot of money there!





But nothing could be more arcane than the ordering system for the Bavarian State Opera - and whether I get a seat from that for Norma in June remains to be seen!





xr




|||



Roley, you went for the Norma!! I%26#39;m so jealous - but I couldn%26#39;t let the Gergiev Ring in Baden Baden in July go by and I can%26#39;t afford both, esp. as I%26#39;m in Muenchen/Wien in March already.



Or can I.....



My Vienna trip next month - no! this month! yay! Nov 30th! - is being paid for by a generous birthday gift plus the sale of loads of books on Amazon. I wonder, could I conceivably sell a Norma-worth more?.....




|||



Hmm, Amazon eh? I%26#39;ve often wondered about flogging my excesses on there but I never imagined it would fund a trip to Wien! I must get cracking!





Munich is a trifle dear c.f. Wien, I find, but I have got me a not-too-bad hotel and I think, hang the expense. At least I did before I realized I simply HAVE to go to the Salzburg Festival again this year which I swore I wouldn%26#39;t but oops, see schedule, must book. Is there anything on there you fancy? It%26#39;s very Mozart-y this year, which I like.





I seem to have got in the rather strange position of going in April, May, June, July and September. Ahem. May was an accident, June was Gruberova%26#39;s fault and there was a reason for September but I can%26#39;t quite remember now what it was. Not to worry! Still got plenty of things on my must-do list!





Rol. To Salzburg in 17 days, woo hoo.




|||



As hubby%26#39;s %26quot;Social Secretary%26quot; I read him these posts as soon as they arrive. He is envious Rol. Edita G...he is pushing a CD in my face even as I type this.:) We are on those recently-released schedules like %26quot;flies on a rib roast%26quot; as us crass Americans would say. We two Ugly Americans will certainly post our impressions of the seats we have at VO in December. We also tend to obstruct the views of others but have learned to live with our fate as Amazons. ( Not the Online Venue For Travel Income, but size.)


If it is of any consolation. We saw Die Zauberfl��te at the Bavarian State Opera two years ago. We were pleasantly surprised by our Expensive Assigned Seats. Ended up about four rows back dead center. Close enough to see the makeup melting.:) Our only error was in the choice of clothing- our first %26quot;heads up%26quot; that only California actually embraces the whole California Casual mode of concert attire. My husband in his navy blazer and khakis got a LOT of Stoic But Obviously Disapproving Looks. Especially when we queued up for the most expensive seats. As a result we are Brooks Brothers Black Suit Shopping even as I speak for our upcoming Wien trip.


There is a good restaurant not far from the Bavarian State Opera. It is in the same %26quot;Platz%26quot; as the Hard Rock Cafe. Hubby thinks it is called Im-Platzl. The name of the place is Orlando%26#39;s. They had great plates as well as an abundant buffet. Lots of little twinkly lights and amazingly free of cigarette smoke. We ate there more than once just for that reason.


I digress. Thanks for the heads up. Really hoping we can carve out another trip to Wien this year. We will be dead by the next big Mozart anniversary, so our efforts have been redoubled. -TM




|||



Roley:



Hair like Marge Simpson -?- blue too?- I think I sat behind a figure of this description at the Volksoper one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment