Sunday, April 15, 2012

tickets for summer Music Festival

I guess we are very late, but all tickets for anything at the Salzburg Summer Music Festival are marked %26quot;sold out%26quot;. Does anyone know of a ticket agency that might have tickets, either in the US or in Europe (bought up blocks, early, etc.)?




|||



If you%26#39;re talking the 2006 Festival, I am puzzled that the tickets are marked %26quot;sold out%26quot; because the full programme hasn%26#39;t even been released yet! I am studying it with interest because I am keen to go too (every year I swear I won%26#39;t and every year I give in!) I want to book a hotel good %26amp; early too because the cheap ones fill up so soon in the Festival season. But that depends on what%26#39;s on when!





I always buy my tix for this direct from the Festival organizer (cheaper and easier) and their site currently reports that the programme will be released on 24 November. The opera dates are already available, but no tickets. Have a look here:



www.salzburgfestival.at/home_e.php?lang=2





If you book online, they will send you a confirmation and closer to the time will mail you the tickets (I live in the UK and have had no problems in the past receiving the tickets mailed to me).





There are links to some local ticket agencies on the Salzburg tourist information website (Polzer, Salzburg Ticket etc). They have been helpful in the past when I wanted tickets to a sold out event but since you are making your plans nice and early I expect you will be able to secure tickets for most things direct from the Festival organizers.





Hope that helps!



rol, hoping it won%26#39;t be quite so hot next year!




|||



Thanks Roley, this is very helpful. Any good recommendations for hotels in or near the historical district?




|||



Still keenly watching the Festival site - apparently the schedule will be released on 24 November, foam, foam. If you go into the German version of that site, you can see the dates for the various opera though tix are not yet available.





As for hotels - depends on your budget - and at Festival time, all bets are off! I like the Gablerbrau but they quoted something stupendous like 102 euros pn for a single this coming July and I thought, stuff that for a joke! But I want to stay in easy walking distance of the Old Town for the festival venues so this year I%26#39;m looking at the Hotel Am Dom - their rate looks not bad. A friend of mine likes the Goldenen Ente and that%26#39;s very central and not too off the planet price-wise.





Bear in mind it can be v. hot in Salzburg at that time of year and most of the hotels don%26#39;t have air conditioning. Last year at the end of July it was a truly stupendous 40 deg Celcius one day (104 F) An old building with thick walls is some help!





Rol, wilting at the thought




|||



Just for information: the programme for the Salzburg Festival in summer 2006 is now available and tickets can be ordered online from their site, www.salzburgfestival.at





Rol, going mad with the credit card

No comments:

Post a Comment