Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Salzburger Nockerl?

Which Salzburg restaurant serves the BEST nockerl? Will be visiting in July. THANKS!




|||



Er, can%26#39;t say I%26#39;ve ingested a great many Nockerl (Nockerln?) in my time, but I did have one at the restaurant attached to the Hotel Elefant which was very nice. But we found it hard to move afterwards ... in July, you might prefer some good oldfashioned Austrian ice-cream!





But I can recommend the Elefant restaurant - I%26#39;ve always enjoyed the meals I%26#39;ve had there (eaten there about 3-4 times) and their desserts in particular are traditional in style and delicious (better than the Nockerl, IMO, was their warm tofpen strudel with vanilla sauce which I ate on a snowy day in November - delectable!) There%26#39;s always a swarm of local people eating there which I take to be a good sign, and the staff are very nice too.





Rol,. now feeling v. hungry.




|||



Salzburger Nockerln are delicious! I like the ones at st. peterskeller (supposedly the oldest restaurant in europe).




|||



If you realy want to enjoy Salzburger Nockerl - you must try it at the Glockenspiel Cafe on Getreidestrasse, Austria.


Remember to order the desert early, because it does take a little time to prepare this dish.


Of course it is best to eat the Nockerl on the balcony (weather permitting) and you might want to share it with a friend - it is a lot for one person to eat.




|||



We were just in Salzburg last month and the Glockenspiel Cafe was closed. We had great nockerls at the Sternbrau...actually had it twice there. YUM. Enjoy!




|||



Glockenspiel Cafe is being renovated.

No comments:

Post a Comment