Monday, April 23, 2012

seating quandry

hi all





i have asked the q under another thread which might get ignored





what do u think is best option:





not so good seats for carmen OR reasonably good seats to die fledermaus





!!





Also any ideas for good bars?





thanks



vale




|||



I take it both of these are at the Volksoper? Whereabouts are the not so good seats? I guess it depends what you would rather attend! Most of the seats at the VO aren%26#39;t too bad at all so I guess I would go by performance rather than by seating ... but let us know where precisely ...!





r, clueless when it comes to bars




|||



ya sorry roley - both in volks - i not so knowledgeable about opera but felt as im in vienna really i should go see them - i reckon if ever theres a place to get into it its vienna. ignoramus that i have i know of carmen - but die fledermaus is a new one for me and on that basis i was leaning towards carmen..but then again, as i say i know nathing...





(prob by time all my dithering is done there will b no seats left for either...)




|||



hi roley - yeah thanks for this - its in the volks. i am not so knowledgeable when it comes to opera but thought as im in veinna i really should go see one. if ever there was a place to impress and enjoy opera im guessing its vienna. even tho i am a bit of an opera ignoramus i know of carmen but die fledermaus is a new one on me and on that basis i was leaning towards carmen. but as i say - i know nathing - and therefore am open to suggestion!!





(prob by the time my ditherings are complete there will be no tickets left for either!!)




|||



Tricky! I guess it depends if you fancy dramatic (Carmen) or comic (Fledermaus). I would have trouble picking between them too! Could you go to both? ;) That would be my first choice!





How good is your German? A lot of the jokes in the operetta (like Fledermaus) go over my head! I still enjoy them but they do tend to be %26quot;talkier%26quot; and more like a play than a straight opera. But they usually have dancing and costumes and the whole nine yards -!





With regards to the seating at the Volksoper I like the stalls best - you can get good seats for 50 or 33 euros in the stalls (though don%26#39;t pick the seats behind the pillars which are a lot cheaper cos of enormous pillar in front of you!) The front row of the balcony or gallery aren%26#39;t bad either.





Rol, of no help whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment