Monday, April 23, 2012

Karnten Austria Family Ski holiday

It will be our first time to Austria and we are thinking of a ski holiday. Which areas are best with a family with two small kids?



I found a really nice hotel called Europas1 Baby and kinderhotel in Karten but I know nothing about this area.



Any advice would be appreciated.



Thank you in advance




|||



when are you going?? Karnten isn%26#39;t really high enough it is the lake district as opposed to the rockies, you would be better on the other side Innsbruck Leh or ahrlberg. Karnten is fabulous later in the season february and great in summer





regards




|||



I am afraid prior poster does not really give good advice to you regarding Karten( Carinthia) They shoud know the town they refer to is known as Lech.





Look for information on the following ski towns - yes high mountains and good skiing.





Heiligenblut and Badkleinkircheim are just two of many nice resorts. Normally good snow conditions the entire season.



You can learn much about these places on Trip Advisor and on individual town websites.




|||



I have done some more research before coming to check back your responses.





Our friends say that in Austria you can be guaranteed snow



so to go to Switzerland. I am more interested in visiting Austria though. So I continue my quest. We are hoping to go in mid to late February. The last week in February is when my children are off school but I am sure the lifts will be crazy busy.



I found a place called Hintergleem that has great reviews.



Any input on that?



Thank you




|||



Guaranteed snow in Swiss? I do not think so! Swiss is usually higher prices.





I had assumed by your initial posting that you were looking for a resort in Karten.



That appears not to be so as Hinterglem is much closer to the gateway city of Salzburg ( probably about one hour south.)



It is in a nice valley with a sister town nearby- Saalbach.



They share a huge series of ski lifts on both sides of the valley.





This is a very popular area with excelent skiing and a good night life too.



Many families and young adults.





February is %26quot; High Season%26quot; for skiing. Any good resort wil be full of skiers.



European schools close at various times in late January and February- many kids skiing,




|||



Harmony Hotel Kärntnerhof - this is the name of a great family hotel in bad kleinkircheim that me and my family (2 small kids) will be staying at in jan - look it up, it looks great

No comments:

Post a Comment