Monday, April 23, 2012

?'s about Dachau and Mauthausen?

I have been to Dachau, but it was almost 10 years ago. I was 16 at the time and now I will be taking my Honeymoon through Europe. We will be staying in Vienna for five days before heading onto Santorini. However, my fiance has never been to any of the Memorial (camp) sites before. I remember Dachau had a very moving video that was played. Is there a historical video shown at the Mauthausen Memorial like the one shown in Dachau?




|||



Anyone have an answer or remember visiting Mauthausen?




|||



I have been to both Dachau and Mauthausen (twice), and there is a video shown in english that runs about an hour. With the utmost respect to both, I found Mauthausen to be a more striking visit than Dachau. Leave 2-3 hours if possible to go through all of the buildings, as well as to walk down to the quarry. There are many monuments erected by individual nations as well. My mother expressed an interest in visiting a memorial site on her first trip to Europe in April, and I choose Mauthausen even though I flew into Munich. Get good directions, it can be easy to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment