Monday, April 23, 2012

standing room tickets

Hi everybody.



I%26#39;ve tried to find out through the staatsoper web site whether they sell standing rooms tickets or not, but I haven%26#39;t succeeded.



Does anyone know the answer? If affirmative, I%26#39;d like to know about their policy (are they sold only at the box office? how long in advance? etc.).



Thank you very much.




|||



I think the standing room tickets are only sold on the day of the performance, from the little office on the Burggarten side of the opera house (under the arcades there). I don%26#39;t know what time they go on sale but perhaps someone else could inform us of that ... and when it is advisable to start queuing! They%26#39;re ridiculously cheap - about 3 euros or something. They%26#39;re not bad either - sort of like football terraces with railings to lean on, not like the standing places at the Musikverein which is like a mosh pit!





BTW you can get some v. cheap seats for 9-10 euros online for the Staatsoper. I would prefer that to being on my hindlegs all evening but of course, the view is obscured from those positions.





Hope that is of some help.



rol




|||



the price is



3 EURO for Parterre ..ground floor



2 EURO for Galerie, Balkon





Tickets for standing room Tickets for standing room are available only from the evening box office. The box office opens 80 minutes before the performance starts.





they changed the arrangement for standing tickets so I am not uptodate..I remember allnight long queues for special premieres..sleeping 2 nights there so see Jose Carreras, Agnes Baltsar and Samuel Ramey...(^_____^)




|||



Thanks a lot, both of you. I%26#39;ll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment