Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Vienna in Febrary? Advice please!

Hi,



I was hoping to book my partner and myself a few days in Vienna over the February mid term break as a christmas present, but I am unsure of how poor the weather might be then! Would it be adviseable to go later in the year? We are not afraid of the cold, but are there any hotels you could recommend that would br romantic and warm? Also not bank breaking either!





Many thanks



Deirdre






|||



I made my first ever trip to Vienna in February this year, mid-ish, I think. It was cold but not nearly as cold as I%26#39;d expected - the long johns stayed in my case! It was a much drier, crisper cold, it seemed to me, than in England. It was cloudy-ish some of the time and one day it snowed but the street-clearance is fantastic and it was very easy to get about!



I stayed at the Pension Suzanne on Walfischgasse - I liked it, so I%26#39;m going back there at the beginning of December. It%26#39;s nothing to look at from the outside but the rooms are cosy in a shabby-chic kind of a way - is that what they call boho now? A single is 74 euros, don%26#39;t know about doubles - and from other posts I%26#39;ve read, it%26#39;s worth checking it%26#39;s actually a double you get, (at any hotel) not a twin - twin beds rather spoil the romance!



Apart from being cosy and cheap, Suzanne is only a few hundred yards from the Opera house and the fantastic public transport system. Basically the same location as the Sacher Hotel, for about the cost of their breakfast (I suspect, well, nearly!!!!!)



Vienna in February captured my heart - go! go!

No comments:

Post a Comment