Monday, April 23, 2012

Opera tickets

I%26#39;ll be in Vienna in a week. I ordered opera tickets on-line. While most of the page was in English, some was German which I can%26#39;t really follow.



I received a receipt which is entirely in German. I printed it out, which I presume will make it easier for me to pick up my tickets (it has my name, seat location, price, date, etc.) One thing I can%26#39;t tell is if the tickets can be picked up the night of the show when arriving, or if I%26#39;ll have to go somewhere earlier to claim them.



I would hate to get there for the show only to realize I%26#39;d lost my place by failing to pick the tickets up.



Any ideas?




|||



It would be helpful if you could state the agency processing your booking! Did you use the website of the Vienna State Opera or any concert ticket agency?




|||



I ordered directly through the Opera%26#39;s homepage, and it appears to have been processed by a company called Culturall.




|||



Please read prior posting in this forum- %26quot;Vienna Opera Tickets Ordering%26quot; procedure for picking up tickets is dicussed.



It is best to take the credit card you used in the ordering process as I understand that the box office sometimes asks to see it to confirm idenity.




|||



Hi msntrvlr,





I collected tickets at the Staatsoper%26#39;s box office on the morning of the performance earlier this year. I took proof of identity, as mentioned above, and the whole process was really painless, the man in the office was really helpful (as I found all Viennese). Enjoy your trip/opera!




|||



Just for information: Vienna also has the %26quot;Volksoper%26quot;, which is located on Währinger Strasse (9th district).





www.volksoper.at




|||



You%26#39;ll have no problem if you telephone the opera booking office directly. When I first did this I armed myself with a number of essential phrases before being set at ease by the staff%26#39;s excellent knowledge of English. Oh well, at least I tried before ultimately taking the easy way out! You%26#39;ll be given a reference number when you purchase the tickets and you%26#39;ll be able to pick them up at the Opera House on the day of the performance. I%26#39;ve never had any problems ordering tickets this way and neither will you - if you have children in tow there are some truly superb discounts to be had!




|||



Just to say (in agreement with everyone else) that you can collect your tickets from the venue (in this case I guess the Staatsoper) either during the day, or at the evening box office on the night of the performance (that can be a bit of a scrum so it%26#39;s quite good if you can collect them before then). You can collect the tickets in advance from any of the state venues (Burgtheater, Staatsoper, Volksoper etc) during opening hours (which should be noted on your printed invoice), but if you leave it to the day of the performance you can only collect them from the venue of the performance (so for example I collected a Volksoper ticket for December from the Staatsoper ticket office, but if it was the day of the performance I would need to collect it from the Volksoper or wait till the evening and collect it there in their evening box office)





Clear as mud! It%26#39;s very efficient really but a bit puzzling the first few times you use it!





r

No comments:

Post a Comment